ABOUT THOMAS ADEWUMI UNIVERSITY
The Thomas Adewumi University, Oko, Kwara State, Nigeria, founded by De Crown Nigeria Limited, a private University licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2021 is a non-governmental, non-partisan and non-sectarian institution. It is situated at Oko Irese, about 6 Km from Omu Aran, the Headquarters of Irepodun Local Government Area, Kwara State, Nigeria.
The Vision of the University is “To provide excellent academic environment suitable for the development of ideas and knowledge for the benefit of mankind.” Its Mission statement is “To be a Center of attraction for staff and students of the highest quality dedicated and attuned to the ideals of excellence, truth, progress and development.”
The University is established to be a Center of academic excellence committed to the achievement of accelerated development through research and manpower development. It seeks to relate its activities to the cultural, technological, social and economic needs of the people of Nigeria.
As part of its man-power development programme, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies and work under excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment:
ADVERTISEMENT FOR ACADEMIC AND NON-ACADEMIC STAFF VACANCIES
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions in the University.
Accounting, Biochemistry, Computer Science, Criminology and Security Studies, Mass Communication, Nursing Science, Physiotherapy and Software Engineering.
Accounting, Biochemistry, Business Administration, Computer Science, Criminology and Security Studies, Economics, Mass Communication, Medical Laboratory Science, Microbiology, Nursing Science, Physiotherapy and Software Engineering.
Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Criminology and Security Studies, Economics, Mass Communication, Medical Laboratory Science, Microbiology, Nursing Science, Physiotherapy and Software Engineering.
The minimum qualifications and experiences specified by the National Universities Commission for all academic positions apply. ICT Skills are required for all positions at the University. Those without these minimum requirements need not apply.
- Professor (TAUASS 07): A Ph. D. Degree in relevant field with a minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in full-time teaching and research. Candidate must possess ability to initiate and supervise research projects and have at least 25 significant peer reviewed scholarly publications in reputable National and International outlets out of which at least 35% must have impact factor with membership of relevant professional bodies where applicable. Administrative experience will be an advantage. Successful applicant must be able to give academic and professional leadership in the field.
- Associate Professor (TAUASS 06): As in (i) but with a minimum of nine (9) years’ experience in full-time teaching and research and at least 20 significant peer reviewed scholarly publications in reputable National and International outlets out of which at least 30% must have impact factor with membership of relevant professional bodies where applicable. Senior Lecturer (TAUASS 05): Same as for (i) above, with six (6) years of University experience in full-time teaching, research and administration plus at least 12 significant scholarly publications in National and International peer reviewed Journals out of which at least 25% must have impact factor. Candidate must show ability to develop and execute research projects, must show evidence of research direction and membership of relevant professional bodies where applicable.
- Lecturer I (TAUASS 04): Candidate must possess a Ph. D. degree in the relevant field with three (3) years of post-doctoral experience in teaching and research and a minimum of four scholarly publications in National and International peer reviewed Journals. Membership of relevant professional bodies is required, where applicable.
- Lecturer II (TAUASS 03): A Ph. D. degree in the relevant field or M.Sc. with three (3) years teaching, research and administrative experience in tertiary institutions plus Ph. D. registration and at least one journal publication. Membership of relevant professional bodies is required, where applicable.
TECHNICAL STAFF (Anatomy, Computer Science, Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing Science, Physiology, Physiotherapy)
Technologist II (TAUNTSS 07)
- Candidates for Anatomy, Computer Science and Physiology must possess B.Sc./HND not below Second Class Lower /Credit Level respectively in relevant disciplines with at least five (5) O’ Level Credit passes to include English Language and Mathematics plus Associate membership of relevant professional bodies. Candidate must be computer literate and show proof of registration with relevant professional bodies.
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (TAUNTSS 08)
Candidates must possess a honours degree in Medical Laboratory Science and registered with MLSCN.
- CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR (TAUNTSS 07)
Candidates must possess Bachelor of Nursing Science (B. N. Sc.) with good honours, Registered Nurse (RN) and current Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) License. Diploma in any other Nursing specializations will be an added advantage.
The Clinical Instructor for Midwifery should possess a good honours degree in Bachelor of Nursing Science, Current Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) License and Registered Midwifery (RM) Certificate
- Physiotherapy Instructor
Candidates must possess a good honours degree in Physiotherapy or related discipline.
The appointment, which is to commence as soon as possible, is for a probationary period of two years in the first instance and may be confirmed to retiring age.
Salaries are very attractive and competitive. Other conditions are as contained in the approved Conditions of Service by the Governing Council of Thomas Adewumi University, Oko, Kwara
Candidates should address their Application Letters to The Registrar, Thomas Adewumi University, Oko, Kwara State, PMB 1050, Omu Aran, Kwara State, Nigeria.
The Curriculum Vitae should be presented in the following sequence:
- Names in Full (Surname first and in capitals)
- Post applying for
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Present Postal/Contact Addresses (With Phone Number(s) and E-mail Address)
- Nationality at Birth
- State/Local Government Area/Ward
- Marital Status, Number and Ages of Children
- Name, Relationship and Address of Next of Kin
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates (including Awards, Distinctions and Scholarships with dates)
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Important and Relevant Academic Conferences and papers presented
- Workshops/Courses attended, with dates
- Teaching, Research, Administrative and Community Service Experience including courses taught, student supervision, etc.
- Other Activities outside Current Employment
- Current Research, Awards and Grants
- Details of Publications indicating Authorship, Year, Title of Publication, Details of Outlet including Publishers
- Present Employment, Position and Salary xx. Extra Curricula Activities
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees including phone number(s) and email address(es)
- Proposed Date of Availability for Duties, if appointed
Ten (10) copies of applications, Curriculum Vitae and other supporting materials should be forwarded to: The Registrar, Thomas Adewumi University, Oko, Kwara State, PMB 1050, Omu Aran, Kwara State, Nigeria, indicating the post for which application is made at the top left corner of the envelope.
Candidates should request their referees to forward reference letters on their behalf directly to: The Registrar, Thomas Adewumi University, Oko, Kwara State, Nigeria.
Application for academic positions must be accompanied by a bound copy of listed publications.
Candidates for Lecturer positions must include their Vision Statement in relation to their role in the University, especially in line with the entrepreneurial, skill acquisition and critical thinking student programmes of the University, in not more than two pages (A4).
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
REGISTRAR AND SECRETARY TO COUNCIL [email protected]
Qualified and Interested?
Send your CV to the Registrar of Thomas Adewumi University via the contact mode below.
Join Us For Information About New Student Admissions
Do you want your name to be etched on the sands of time? Start by learning at Thomas Adewumi University, build a well deserved future with us today at TAU.